It is with great pleasure that Green Shinto is able to announce the forthcoming publication of Shinto Shrines: A Guide to the Sacred Sites of Japan’s Ancient Religion by University of Hawaii Press this autumn….
* comprehensive overview of Shinto in general
* detailed guide to 57 major shrines
* explication of the physical attributes of the shrines
* insights into the spiritual and mythological significance
* 125 colour pictures as well as 50 illustrations
* a guide for travellers and a companion for virtual travellers